Recently, National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China announced the approval of four new food ingredients, including Lactobacillus helveticus R0052, Bifidobacterium infantis R0033, BifidobacteriumR0071, Penthorum Chinense Pursh, which is the first new food ingredients announced this year.
Three strains can be included in the edible strains of infants and young children, indicating that they are safe enough.
Lactobacillus helveticus R0052 was isolated from dairy products;
Bifidobacterium infantis R0033 was isolated from infant intestine;
BifidobacteriumR0071 was isolated from infant intestine;
2. Approved or used in other countries
Products containing these three strains have been approved for use in infants and young children in Canada, Poland and Australia.
3. Adequate clinical research evidence
Penthorum chinense Pursh.
Penthorum chinense Pursh is a kind of folk edible species in China. The declared products are the stems and leaves of yellow weed.
- Herbridge Online Meeting：Natural health products industry——Global trends in the first half of 2020
- Four Food Ingredients were approved in China 2020
- Yili QQ star formula milk initial on the market
- Chinese people's intestinal Health 2020 report released
- Panpan foods is entering into sports drinks
- Mengniu high-end immunity milk powder brand new Tekangli listed
- Danone introduces plant-based supplements to China for the first time
- Swisse China President: Consumers are aware of the importance of immunity
- China Resources Pharm’s new gastrointestinal product “Jiangzhong Lihuo Probiotics” was officially launched
- New food ingredients were accepted in the first quarter 2020: Tongkat Ali extract & Xanthoceras sorbifolia oil