On May 20, Layn issued an announcement, said that the proposed investment in the United States to build "industrial cannabis extraction and application engineering project", the total investment is expected to be 402 million yuan. At the same time, Layn will also set up a wholly-owned subsidiary of the United States Layn Hemp (tentative name, ultimately subject to registration documents) responsible for the implementation of this project.
The construction content of this project mainly involves the production capacity of industrial cannabis extraction plant and the research and development capacity building of industrial cannabis planting, production process and terminal application. It is expected to be completed and put into production by the end of 2020. The annual processing capacity can reach 5000 ton. According to the plan of Layn, the main products of this project are cannabisdiol (CBD crystal powder) and hemp full-spectrum oil products, which can be applied to many fields such as medical, food additives, cosmetics and pet supplies. At present, the entire project has not yet fulfilled the project approval or filing procedures, and the location may be Colorado or Kentucky.
As far as the industry is concerned, as the first listed company in the field of plant extraction in China, Layn can successfully embark on the road of industrial cannabis with the help of the United States, and will undoubtedly transform the industry for the plant extraction industry and its upstream and downstream enterprises. The cannabis CBD provides a meaningful reference.
- CNIC 2019： Natural health products industry conference
- Suntory and CITIC group to officially launch the healthy food market in China
- Yili entered the social new retail, lunching the new probiotics product
- Focus social retail, Mengniu have lunched "slow-burning "
- HEYTEA & Oatly, opening milk tea era 2.0
- USANA 2019 Revenue in Greater China down 23% YoY
- 2019 Q1 major North American dietary supplement overall revenue continue declining
- H&H Group acquires UK high-end skincare brand Aurelia
- Tmall 618 big data: sleep products transactions increased 530 year-on-year
- Australian NaturalCare official join in JD’s self-owned flagship store