St.John's Wort Extracts Shows Lower Demand with Higher Price for Raw Material
With the harvesting activity completed, the price of Hypericum perforatum rises by 23 percent against last year. The market remains stable, but the stock is not abundant. The high prices provide a hinder to buy this herb in large quantity.
"That leads to higher prices for St.John's Wort Extracts", said a person from Hanzhong TRG Biotech Co., Ltd., "There emerges lower demand for high-grade extracts. Because the high price, about 200 yuan per kilogram, has gone beyond the capacity of demanders. But with no enough extracts in storage, the supply fails to meet the demand across the market. It's predicted that the market will turn stable in October."
"As for this herb's high prices, most manufacturers are waiting and watching. The high prices for high purified extracts put a direct effect on the demand from terminal market. Purchasers intend to choose its substitutes with lower cost, which will affect the sales of St. John's Wort Extracts. The extracts will see higher prices according to the market trend." said a manager from Xi An Walvax Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Qinqin food launched functional jelly products
- Greater China down 18.6%, USANA still valued China market
- Sleep care products increased in 2019, and the post-90s generation became the main consumer
- BY-Health signed strategic cooperation agreement with Fonterra Limited
- CCGB investing $30 million building the American plant extraction project
- Suning Red baby and Biostime launched new probiotic drops
- Sirio Health officially listed on the A-share market
- H&H Group will open its third French milk powder factory 2020
- BY-Health and Rousselot renewed global strategic cooperation agreement
- Mengniu Dairy launched first sleep milk products in China