St.John's Wort Extracts Shows Lower Demand with Higher Price for Raw Material
With the harvesting activity completed, the price of Hypericum perforatum rises by 23 percent against last year. The market remains stable, but the stock is not abundant. The high prices provide a hinder to buy this herb in large quantity.
"That leads to higher prices for St.John's Wort Extracts", said a person from Hanzhong TRG Biotech Co., Ltd., "There emerges lower demand for high-grade extracts. Because the high price, about 200 yuan per kilogram, has gone beyond the capacity of demanders. But with no enough extracts in storage, the supply fails to meet the demand across the market. It's predicted that the market will turn stable in October."
"As for this herb's high prices, most manufacturers are waiting and watching. The high prices for high purified extracts put a direct effect on the demand from terminal market. Purchasers intend to choose its substitutes with lower cost, which will affect the sales of St. John's Wort Extracts. The extracts will see higher prices according to the market trend." said a manager from Xi An Walvax Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Herbridge Online Meeting：Natural health products industry——Global trends in the first half of 2020
- Four Food Ingredients were approved in China 2020
- Yili QQ star formula milk initial on the market
- Chinese people's intestinal Health 2020 report released
- Panpan foods is entering into sports drinks
- Mengniu high-end immunity milk powder brand new Tekangli listed
- Danone introduces plant-based supplements to China for the first time
- Swisse China President: Consumers are aware of the importance of immunity
- China Resources Pharm’s new gastrointestinal product “Jiangzhong Lihuo Probiotics” was officially launched
- New food ingredients were accepted in the first quarter 2020: Tongkat Ali extract & Xanthoceras sorbifolia oil